The Summer of 89'
They say time is the best cure for memories of pain and suffering, yet time has not lessened our pain of watching thousands of students being slaughtered in Tiananmen Square all those years ago. Their noble aspirations and bravery will be remembered by this generation, and by the next generation through our continue effort.
The patriotic democratic movement triggered by the death of Hu yaobang in 1989 have brought out the problems of widespread corruption and commodity price manipulation of government officials. It has subsequently led to the June 4th Massacre in the Tiananmen Square….
- Brief Summary of the Events of 89'
- 15/4 - 23/4 : Commemorate Hu Yaobang
- 24/4 - 4/5 : The Editorial
- 5/5 - 12/5 : Demonstration
- 13/5 - 16/5 : Hunger Strike
- 17/5 - 23/5 : Martial Law
- 24/5 - 2/6 : The Sit-in
- 3/6 - 6/6 : The Massacre
- White Terror
- Continuation of the Movement
- Re-visit 89' through our daily diary
- Tankman, or the unknown rebel